HSS Community Benefit Report 2013
A 16-page annual report detailing the contributions of Hospital for Special Surgery to its community.
This report had to be accessible to its audience – the Greater New York City community – and make the huge amount of information being presented engaging.
Through strategic image choice – and art direction of a photo shoot at PS 140 to get the perfect cover shot – and breaking information out in sidebars, callouts and special infographic sections, the many ways that HSS serves its community were showcased.
With a limited print run, primary distribution of this publication was electronic.
Winner of a 2014 Graphic Design USA Inhouse Design Award and a 2014 American Health & Wellness Design Award.
I’m an award-winning graphic designer and art director based in Washington, DC. Specializing in branding and design for print and screen, I strive to deliver solutions that will get my clients noticed. Let’s work together!
In a world where consumers have so many ways to get their content, it’s more important than ever for print magazines to deliver dynamite content in a beautiful package that engages the reader – that’s where I come in. I believe in the power of good design to sell your company or product. Branding is about more than just a great logo – it’s a design system spanning print and digital mediums that sets you apart from everyone else. I approach each project with a fresh mindset to create something interesting and unique that will make my client stand out, whether it’s graphics for the web, branded collateral, an invitation or brochure. Infographics can tell a great story about data while still looking beautiful. They are a great compliment to a dynamic annual report, publication or digital solution.
+ Magazine Design
+ Print & Web Design
In a world where consumers have so many ways to get their content, it’s more important than ever for print magazines to deliver dynamite content in a beautiful package that engages the reader – that’s where I come in.
I believe in the power of good design to sell your company or product. Branding is about more than just a great logo – it’s a design system spanning print and digital mediums that sets you apart from everyone else.
I approach each project with a fresh mindset to create something interesting and unique that will make my client stand out, whether it’s graphics for the web, branded collateral, an invitation or brochure.
Infographics can tell a great story about data while still looking beautiful. They are a great compliment to a dynamic annual report, publication or digital solution.
©2014 Christina Fisher. All rights reserved.
I design awesome things for my clients.
Who I Am
I’m a forward-thinking Washington, DC-based graphic designer with more than ten years’ experience in design for print and screen. I excel in deadline-driven environments and am accustomed to working under strict budget guidelines to achieve top-notch results.
As Art Director at Connections Media, a full-service digital agency, I work with a talented team to conceptualize and design innovative solutions for web, print, identities, infographics, and more, for our advocacy, non-profit and corporate communications clients.
In my former position as Senior Designer at Hospital for Special Surgery, the No. 1 orthopedic hospital in the country, I designed publications, digital and print marketing campaigns, and brand identities.
Previously, I served as Art Director of Subculture magazine, a niche publication based out of Rochester, New York, for which I designed all editorial pages of each bi-monthly issue, and as a Magazine Designer for Gannett/Democrat and Chronicle’s custom content department, where I collaborated with editors, photographers and illustrators to create award-winning, dynamic layouts for a variety of in-house and contract-based consumer magazines and publications.
BFA | Illustration, Rochester Institute of Technology
- "Christina is hands-down the best designer I've ever worked with. She is talented, confident, professional and has an eye for what makes a product unique and compelling. She took our magazine and gave it a professional look that people have not stopped talking about. Without her we would not have been a success. We would not have been a business. She is as good as it gets."
- I've been in the communications and publishing business for more than twenty years and I've never seen the combination of work ethic, disposition, team chemistry, attention to detail, and overall professionalism that I've seen in Christina Fisher. She is the best creative I've worked with. Period.
- I've worked with numerous designers in my 20-year career in publishing, and Christina is one of the most talented and intelligent designers I know. She is also mature and professional far beyond her years, a thoroughly dedicated worker and an absolute pleasure to work with. Any company would be extremely fortunate to have her work for them.
- 2015 PR Daily Content Marketing Awards: Best Infographic (Honorable Mention)
- 2015 Aster Awards: Website Advertising – Series (Gold)
- 2015 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids (Print); Print Media (Special Purpose)
- 2014 American Health and Wellness Design Awards: Annual + Corporate Reports; Invitations + Announcements; Brochures + Collateral
- 2014 American Inhouse Design Awards: Annual Report Design, Publication (Special Purpose) Design, Newsletter Design, Brochure Design, Calendar Design
- 2014 Aster Awards: Meeting & Event Materials (Gold), Calendars (Bronze)
- 2014 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence: Special Purpose Print Media, Event & Meeting Campaigns
- 2013 American Inhouse Design Awards: Annual Report Design, Newsletter Design, Brochure Design, Announcements/Invitation Design, Calendar Design
- 2013 Aster Awards: Annual Report Design (Gold), Publication Design (Gold), Newsletter Design (Silver)
- 2013 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence: Special Purpose Brochures, Manuals and Reports Magazines and Journals (Print)
- 2012 APEX Award for Publication Excellence: Meeting & Event Materials
- 2011 APEX Award for Publication Excellence: Best Redesign
- 2011 Magnum Opus Silver Award
Or contact me at
e info at christinafisherdesign dot com